I haven’t been posting much lately since I’ve been busy at a new temporary month-long job down here in sunny California.
Been meeting a ton of people and making new friends, as well as visiting my mom (my dad is in China right now), brother, sister, and high school friends.
Eating some good food:
- Pizz’a Chicago — mmm good deep-dish!
- that place on El Camino that used to be Senor Taco — sopas con carnitas!
- Dynasty for dim sum — pretty good…
- In-N-Out — double-double animal style
- some new Szichuan place for really red broth beef noodle soup, scallops, etc.
- quite good catered breakfasts and lunches at the job, too!
Playing some games:
- Ra — Aaron doesn’t like this game. That’s okay because it was just me and Chris and new friend Jessica. 🙂
- Carcassonne — Jessica kicked Chris and my asses.
- Fury of Dracula — the 1987 version. Dracula was totally pwned.
- Hearts — fun, old school game
- D&D 4th Ed. — really brief intro to combat pretty much through a one-shot adventure run by Chris. Not entirely sure how I feel about it now, as each class doesn’t seem as distinct as in 3.5, but there’s definitely more balance I think.
- dodgeball at Jump Sky High — hella tiring! I’ve gone before so I was prepared but damn.