Join Mark Chen ’95, game designer & researcher—and friends—for a month-long game jam on the Reed College campus this August 1—23
Part workshop, part lab, part on-going brainstorm and creation space. During the Reed Game Jam you will:
- Gain an understanding of the game development process:
- Idea generation;
- Writing a game design document;
- Testing mechanics for both digital and tabletop games.
- Learn about current state of games in academia &
- Participate in hands-on research activities.
The goal? Produce at least one Kickstarter-ready game.
The Jam (in Psy108) will be open from Tuesday—Saturday extended hours; closed on Sunday, and open 9—5 p.m. on Monday.
INTERESTED? Email Brooke Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the application link.
Deadline to apply Tuesday, June 25, 2013
So, here’re my August plans! Huge thanks to Brooke Hunter at Reed for making this happen.
This is primarily for Reedies, but others are welcome to apply. It’s basically a Maker space kind of set up. A bunch of smart people dropping in when they can to collaborate on game-related projects. I’m taking donations for food, transportation, etc. 🙂